Cara Delevinge, Olivia Culpo, Selena Gomez, and teen beauty herself, Kylie Jenner. What’s one thing all of these celebs have in common? They’re rocking the red eyeshadow trend this season. It’s not every day that I do my makeup, and it’s definitely not every day that I switch up my routine, but in the spirit of spring I felt like exploring.
I teamed up with Gretzie from Glam Artistry to do a spring-inspired make up tutorial for all of the beauty queens out there! A pop of any color is unique and fun, and totally eye-catching, but there’s just something about a crimson red that really utters SPRING.
This year I’m branching out from my every day routine and rocking a different look that’s sure to turn heads. Like apparel, makeup has the power to transform a woman and make her feel beautiful. Tired of your every day routine? Try out a pop of color this spring. Just go for it, girl!
To achieve this teen beauty, red shadow look, I’ve listed a few crucial steps we took after finishing the foundation routine. We used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette for this look.
1. When touching up your eyes, apply a loose powder (also commonly known as “baking”) below your eyes. This can be wiped with a tissue once finished with the touch ups.
2. Applying the color over the lids, make sure to take a blending brush and blend the color, buon fresco in the crease, in a back and forth motion.
3. Next, using a structured blending brush (mac 217) take the color, venetian red and create an outer V shape on the outer part of the eye lid.
4. Don’t forget to highlight the brow bone with the color, tempera.
5. If you’re going for a smoky look, apply shadow on the lower lash line as well as the lid. This will impart an added pop of color and really give your eyes that added intensity, which I totally love! We used the colors, buon fresco and love letter.
6. We then used Mac waterproof gel liner, black track, for a winged liner look.
7. Finally, we applied mink lashes form Gretzie’s lash line, G Class Lashes, in the style Kat. Amazing quality lashes and will last up to 25 uses. Super comfortable and you can apply mascara over top, which we did here.
I learned a great tip to applying mascara: Use a paper towel or tissue while applying (see image above) to keep from accidentally swiping mascara anywhere else.
This post was created in collaboration with teen beauty, Gretzie, from Glam Artistry. All opinions are my own.
Shop le post